Everybody loves a quick and easy stir-fry. Here’s a delicious, easy and speedy black pepper lamb recipe that’ll satisfy the whole family. It has amazing colours from the bounty of vegetables and packs a seriously powerful flavour punch. Here, we use capsicum, which not only tastes great but is an amazing source of vitamin C that helps you absorb more iron from plant sources. The best thing about this recipe is you can load up with any and as much vegetables as you wish. Good ones to go with this black pepper lamb recipe include baby corn, broccoli, snow peas, or mushrooms.
I used to have a big aversion to lamb and mutton, and I still don’t love its gamey taste. But when combined with black pepper, Chinese rice wine, garlic and onion, it does wonders to reduce the gaminess. Be generous with the black pepper as it completes the flavor profile for the ultimate zing. As lamb is a red meat (as the meat of young sheep), it’s best to have it in moderation. At most 5 times a week, with each serving being a palm-sized 100g. This is because guidelines for cancer prevention recommend a limit of up to 500g red meat per week without increasing risk of colorectal cancer.
Enjoy this perfect no-fuss dinner for busy weeknights!
Black Pepper Lamb Recipe
Serves : 4 Time : 25 mins
- 400g lean lamb steak, sliced thinly
- 1½ cup green and red capsicum, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 2 tsp black peppercorns, grounded
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Marinate lamb with soy sauce, black pepper, corn starch and Chinese cooking wine in a mixing bowl for 15 minutes.
2. Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add lamb strips and stir-fry for 3 minutes until browned. Dish out and set aside.
3. Add onion, garlic and capsicum to frying pan and stir-fry until tender and crisp. Return cooked lamb to the frying pan and continue to stir for 2 minutes.
4. Serve hot with brown rice.