This sugar free carrot cake recipe is absolutely luscious. It’s hard to believe it is good for you without any sugar added! So moist, fluffy and light, this is Orlane’s famous recipe. Enjoy!
Sugar Free Carrot Cake Recipe
Make : sharing Preparation : 15mins Baking : 50mins
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour,
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder,
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon,
- 3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt,
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts,
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, heated until just melted,
- 1/2 cup dried dates, seeded and finely chopped into a paste,
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed well,
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots (about 3 medium),
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt,
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter a standard 8-cup loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the walnuts and set aside.
3. Stir the dates into the melted butter, breaking up the dates.
4. In a large bowl combine the bananas and carrots. Stir in the date-butter mixture, breaking up any clumps as you go.
5. Whisk in the yogurt and the eggs. Add the flour mixture and fold until everything just comes together. Spoon into the prepared pan. Bake for about 50 – 60 minutes or until a knife tests clean in the center of the cake.
Nutritional Facts :
Per serving (50g)
105 calories, 1.4 g fat, 8.6 g carbohydrates, 1.22 g protein, 36.5 mg sodium, 80.9g potassium
Carbohydrate Servings: 0.5