These simple cabbage rolls are the perfect comfort dish! Most recipes out there call for pork or beef, but to cut down on fat we’ve used fish paste for a refreshing change. Cabbage fun fact! Did you know cabbage is one of the world’s oldest vegetables, dating back to the 1600s? You can serve this ancient vegetable dish with chilli sauce, a drop of soy sauce or ketchup.
Serves : 4 Time : 35 mins
- 4 Napa cabbage leaves/”Chinese cabbage”
- 350g fish paste (you can buy this from the supermarkets / wet markets, but if you want to make your own here’s a recipe)
- ½ cup spring onion, chopped
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2 tsp corn starch
- Pepper, to taste
1. Stir in fish paste, chives, pepper and corn starch till properly mixed.
2. Blanch cabbage leaves in a pot of boiling water till tender. Drain completely. On each cabbage leaf, place about ¼ of fish paste mixture before rolling it firmly.
3. Boil chicken stock in a pan and pour onto cabbage rolls. Cover pan with lid. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Plate the cabbage rolls and serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts :
Per serving: 164 calories; 6 g fat; 8 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein
Carbohydrate Servings: 0.5