Baked salmon with lemon and garlic that’s healthy, so flavourful, and so crazy simple it pulls together in less than 30 minutes. The aluminium foil retains the moisture and flavour of the salmon, keeping it juicy and tender. Garlic, lemon and coriander all have strong scents which work to reduce the ‘fishy’ taste from salmon. Serve it with some rice or potato and a side of veggies.
Salmon is high in omega-3 fatty acids which is great for your heart. The World Health Organisation and Singapore’s Health Promotion Board recommend aiming to include 2 serves of fish (including oily fish) per week as part of a heart-healthy diet. Each serving is 100g cooked (about one fillet of salmon), or about ¾ cup of flaked fish. So why not fire up your oven tonight for a yummy and healthy fish feast!
Baked Salmon with Lemon and Garlic
Serves : 2 Time : 30 mins
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1.5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped finely
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 175°C.
2. Mix olive oil and juice of lemon a small bowl.
3. Smear fish with minced garlic before placing on baking tray. Pour olive oil mixture over fish. Garnish with parsley.
4. Use aluminium foil to cover the fish and place in oven. Bake for 15-20 min. To check if the fish is ready, use a fork to see if it peels off with ease.
Nutritional Facts :
Per serving: 176.5 calories; 12.5 g fat; 0.1 carbohydrates; 16 g protein
Carbohydrate Servings: 0