Cook this soy, garlic and ginger marinated salmon kebabs to medium–rare and you may never go back to lamb chops again. Allowing the salmon to marinate for 15 minutes or so then sliding it on the grill makes it come out golden caramelly, well-flavoured, moist, and tender. You can’t ask for much more out of a piece of fish than what this soy glazed salmon kebab offers!
And as we all know, fish is an excellent source of protein. It is low in saturated fat and a source of omega-3 fats, which are beneficial for heart health. The fish skin is fine to eat, it is the healthy omega-3 fatty acid which can help keep your arteries stretchy and prevent heart disease. But, if you are eating farmed salmon, it may be better to take out the skin first. This is because farmed salmon tends to have more PCBs (industrial contaminants) than wild salmon.
Soy Glazed Salmon Kebab
Serves: 4 Time: 25 mins
- 400g salmon fillet, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1.5 tbsp light soy sauce
1. In a medium mixing bowl, marinate salmon with soy sauce, ginger and garlic for 15 minutes.
2. Thread salmon pieces on skewers.
3. Over high heat, grill skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side. Lightly brush skewers with the marinade with each turn.
4. Serve with a bowl of brown rice and bok choy.