A classic flavour combination, this beetroot and feta salad always go down a treat. Assemble this salad on the plate you’re going to serve for a delight for not only your taste buds but your eyes. This beetroot and feta salad is an explosion of contrasting textures and flavours: tangy crunch from beetroot, soft moreish mashed beans, sprinkled with creamy feta cheese. Quick and easy, this makes a delicious meal on its own or with extra protein added. Try boiled eggs or grilled meat or fish.
Beetroot and Feta Salad with Chunky Bean Mash Recipe
Serves: 6 Time: 45 mins
- 1 cup feta cheese, sliced
- 1 tbsp plain flour, for dusting
- 1/3 cup baby spinach
- 1.5 cooked beetroot, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ lime, zest and juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3.5 cups of navy canned beans (~400g can)
1. Combine minced onion, diced beetroot, and zest and juice of lime in a medium bowl.
2. Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and stir-fry garlic until fragrant. Add navy beans and some juice from the can. Mash beans, ensuring they remain crunchy. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Dust sliced feta with plain flour, then lightly grease a non-stick frying pan with olive oil and pan-fry until evenly browned.
4. Place beetroot mixture on top of bean mash on plate. Serve with pan fried feta and baby spinach.