At the risk of sounding crazy among conservative cooks, I would really recommend you choose wholemeal pasta for the soup. Being firmer than regular pasta, it will hold up better and avoid forming starchiness within the soup itself. Not only that, it has triple the fibre of regular pasta, plus vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals that even inulin-enriched pasta can’t quite match.
Minestrone Soup Recipe
Serves: 4 Time: 30 mins
- 300g mixed vegetables, roughly cut
- 200g no-salt-added cannellini beans, drained
- 100g chopped tomatoes
- 125g pasta, uncooked
- 500ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
1. In a medium pot, boil vegetable stock and chopped tomatoes. Add pasta. After 5 minutes of boiling, reduce heat.
2. Add in cannellini beans and mixed vegetables. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Serve immediately.